Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Project Life 2013, Week 16


Week 16. A heart-wrenching week in current events...but my school raised a lot of money for a really good cause! So many people were commenting that it was a reminder of the good in the world after such a yucky week. My students raised almost $900 in my class alone--I was so proud of and touched by their generosity.

In other news, it was really cold, Tyson "fixed" his grill (he extended the little chimney thing because his research showed that it was too short), and Brody and Sophie were hospitable host and hostess at our small group get together. Sophie was even doing well with a toddler! My eyes almost popped out of my head. Cause, you know, she likes to intimidate people (read: bark and nip at them).

In un-documented (Project Life-wise) news, I found out what I will most likely be teaching next year. Same subject and grade, different workload. But it could all change several times over the summer. I have decided that the name of the game is flexibility in education. It's good for character though--keeps you on your toes and makes sure you are adaptable.

State testing today and tomorrow. That means squirrelly adolescents and jeans days.

No comments: