Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Totally random.

Begging to lick the caramel from my frappuccino.

1. I recently discovered that my coffee creamer and beloved frappuccino from Starbucks contain a small amount of a carcinogen (carrageenan--see source and source). Although I was troubled for a few minutes, Tyson and Mom both said that everyone dies of something and that everything you eat has something bad in it (probably). I am by no means an organic or clean-eater, and knowing that this is even found in organic dairy products wasn't converting me over. Kind of makes me want to research more on food, but then again--do I actually want to know? Is ignorance really bliss? Something to ponder.

2. This week I am attending a three-day training on integrating the readers' workshop model into the classroom. It's made me even more excited to get back to school (and I was already pretty pumped) and try to implement it. The instructor is the fabulous Becky Koesel and I kind of want to be her when I grow up. 

3. My favorite barista is back from her vacation! I like her because she knows my order without me saying anything. And she always gives me the perfect amount of caramel drizzle.

4. I am sad, yet kind of happy the Olympics are almost over. Although Tyson and I both love watching the various events, it's exhausting trying to watch all the coverage. I wanted to watch a Harry Potter movie this weekend but didn't want to miss anything. Pathetic, I'm aware. Luckily when we saw The Dark Knight Rises on Saturday we caught a late afternoon showing and then watched beach volleyball at a restaurant afterwards.

5. Teachers report back to school in just 13 days!! Eek!

No comments: