Thursday, October 9, 2008

"that you could have peace, like you've never known..."

So this week went by super duper fast. I always consider Thursday the last day of the week, since I don't work on Fridays :o). On Monday, everyone in the office (except the student workers and myself) had a Staff Development Retreat. I really wasn't jealous, except for the fact that they got a rib-eye steak and baked potato for lunch. I know this because they sent a total of four emails listing the lunch menu over the past month.

Tonight was our last night of dance lessons, and it was definitely my favorite. We got to dance around a little, and then we learned the waltz. It was a little strange because apparently Tyson looooves the waltz and I was not as great at it as he was. Oh well. Then we learned a spin, another cool move, and then the Wranglers performed Jitterbug for us. It was pretty much awesome.

So on Tuesday I was walking to work from the parking lot, and I was praying about my week and I asked God to give me a sense of urgency to finish my three papers that I had not yet finished. I was beginning to stress myself out, because I could not get motivated to finish the first and start the other two. Fast forward a few hours, when I check my eLearning mail, and discover an announcement from my prof that since power is back in Houston, all deadlines are reinstated according to the syllabus (these papers were all due September 30th, but because of Ike, he moved everything to December). My first reaction was, "I hope I don't have to q-drop this class," but my second was definitely mild fascination with God. I mean, really. That was definitely the most effective way to get me to work on them though. God must have been like, ok Hailey, you asked for it! Luckily I have the most amazing and kind boss ever (who also had jury duty the next day), because she let me not come in on Wednesday. So I stayed home and finished everything at 11:52pm Wednesday night. It also motivated everyone in my group to get their work finished, because we are now caught up on everything!

Well, I must depart now. Have a happy weekend for me, since I have class tomorrow 9am-6pm! :o)

No comments: