Monday, January 4, 2010

Twenty ten.

Wow, another year has come and gone. The holidays have been blissful so far--lots of time spent with family, quiet time, catching up on sleep, and traveling to see friends. There's only two weeks left of vacation for me, so I guess today marks the halfway point in the break. It's flown by, but I am sure the next two weeks will go by even more quickly.

2010 is going to be a big year for me. This time next year I'll be married to Ty Ty, a masters graduate, hopefully employed, and have my own place--renting I'm sure, but a change nonetheless. And of course nothing ever goes as expected so who knows what kind of changes could occur along the way. I'm nervous but excited for all of the changes this year will hold.

I've been brainstorming my one little word for the year and have chosen the word simplicity for 2010.

Simplicity is freedom from complexity, intricacy, or division into parts; make plainer or easier.

Several aspects of my life could use some simplifying. I would like to be able to live with less stuff (which would be great for all of the moving around I will be doing later this year) and keep less clutter in my home. I would also like to explore a less complex type of cooking-- maybe some healthier and childhood favorites. So many times I make tasks harder than they need to be, and I would like to cut that out for less stress! Of course, cutting out the drama of life is also a goal but Dad says drama follows me around so I'm not sure how simplifying that would look. Hmm...

I'm still thinking about actions I can take to put this word into effect. I will possibly get back to that later.

I wanted to do a 365-photo-a-day project this year, but I've already blown that. My cameras are in College Station and I won't be reunited with them until Friday. Maybe I will settle on using my phone's camera until then. :o)  Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Faith said...

I love the one little word idea! And I totally planned on doing the 365 photos thing, too! But I've also already blown it -- I keep forgetting about it. Maybe we can remind each other. Oh, and remind me to show you the awesome photography book I gave myself for Christmas! Can you please come back to town immediately?