Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back to School

Well I have survived the first week back to school...somewhat. Because of MLK day I didn't have my Monday class, which reminds me that I still need to google his contributions to organizations. Hmm... So really it's only been a three day week since I don't have anything on Fridays. Hopefully this week will help me acclimate back to actually being productive again.

Wedding planning is going much better. My policy is not to talk about it unless someone asks, but I'm not positive I stick to it all the time. Hopefully so, because people who only talk about wedding stuff are really annoying. I get to go home tonight for a home cooked meal because I'm meeting with a florist tomorrow. Is it bad that I'm more excited about dinner than the flowers? It's true.

Tyson has taken an additional role in our relationship: he is now my personal trainer. I only know what television tells me of personal trainers (HIMYM anyone?) so I thought he was going to be mean to me. Especially when he asked if I was going to get mad at him. But it's not that bad so far. Like if he tells me to do 20 pushups I say that I could never do that many consecutively and that I'll do 12 with my knees on the floor (it's legit, Jackie Warner says I can on my workout dvd) and he says ok--after he sees how bad I really am. Of course, he might be psyching me out and tells me to do more than he was really planning, knowing I'll want to do less. Oh, he's smart. I totally think he's doing that.

Oh, I forgot to mention...the ep5k went pretty ok. I did not back out, but my time was pretty terrible. It occurred to me about 5 minutes before the "fun run" started that I had only done 3 miles on the elliptical, but not actually running on real road. But I survived. And I got a medal. Tyson did really well at the half marathon, and beat his time from last year. I think he finished at 1:48...he is crazy awesome. 

I haven't been shopping for craft supplies in over a month. Pretty impressive, right?

No comments: