Monday, January 3, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011!

I would have thought that I would have had more free time and blog posts during the break, but strangely enough I've felt even more busy. First there was gift purchasing and general Christmas readiness; then family time; followed closely by returning various items and purchasing accessories for our newly acquired gifts; and now it's all about decluttering, organizing, cleaning, and putting Christmas decor away.

We don't really do the whole resolution-thing. Tyson has some fitness goals for the year, and I would personally like to run three 5K's (I participated in two in 2010). While I was visiting my good friend Jo Jo this weekend, her mom read us Beth Moore's blog entry on the new year and how instead of making a laundry list of resolutions that will be broken in no time, we can search for one fundamental thing to change about ourselves. I realize that the way I explained that, it just sounded like a resolution...but trust me, she explained it much better! Anyways, I was thinking, and I would like to work on becoming a better and active listener. More present in life I guess. I just feel like some days I know I have had conversations with people, and for the life of me, I'm not sure exactly what was said. I think because I run into so many new people every day in subbing. So from now on, I'm taking an interest in these people's lives! Who knows, I could form a new friendship, or even help someone's day be a bit brighter.

In related news, I like to follow along with Ali Edward's One Little Word, and for 2011, I have chosen the word deliberate. It kind of goes along with what I said earlier (Last year my word was simplify, which was a much needed re-focus in a time when so much was going on).

Deliberate: adjective 1. carefully weighed or considered; studied; intentional

Menu Planning Monday
monday :: baked potato night
tuesday :: barbecue skillet pork chops with garlic roasted potatoes + salad
wednesday :: beef with broccoli
thursday :: red beans and rice
friday :: tequila-lime chicken with mexican rice + black beans

Right now I can hear Tyson (and Brody, too) snoring, which makes me happy because he has been having trouble sleeping lately. I'd like to think it's due to the Melatonin supplement I got him today, but he might just be tired from his workout today. :)

No comments: