Monday, September 10, 2012

Menu Planning Monday

I am loving my weekends lately! Especially this past one, as the temperatures/humidity actually chilled out a bit. I actually sat outside and did not sweat; it was amazing. I also had some quality bonding time with Brody and Sophie since Tyson was at the football game pretty much all day Saturday.

The house is starting to come together, so I don't have an excuse to slack off on cooking (last week's efforts were slightly lame, I am ashamed to admit). I'm also starting a daily cleaning schedule this week. Cleaning all day on a weekend is the worst, so I'm hoping to be able to start some good habits with the beginning of the school year. Here's to a tidier home and yummy recipes!

Menu Planning Monday
monday :: red beans and rice (always a favorite)
tuesday :: firecracker chicken stir-fry
wednesday :: small group potluck (I'm making jalapeƱo dip, yum!)
thursday :: leftovers
friday :: chicken parmesan (my old favorite recipe was on a blog that went private, so I'm trying Skinnytaste's version)
saturday :: grilling, if we buy a grill!

I'm hoping to have some home pictures soon...I still have not found that dang cord though!

Sidenote: Has anyone out there seen Married to Jonas? I was channel surfing Friday afternoon and could not stop watching.

2 comments:

Tyson Hann said...

Sounds like I'm being challenged for Saturday...

Faith said...

I totally know what you mean about trying to clean a little each day. There's a tumblr that's been motivating me, so I thought I'd share: http://unfuckyourhabitat.tumblr.com/post/14586111949/hello-all-you-lovely-new-followers