Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Very random.

my favorite. when drizzle is spelled correctly.

"Is this a caramel light frappuccino?"
"It's only 2% milk; it won't kill you."
"Ummmmmm...."

I am afraid of confrontation. Loathe it. But I got the wrong drink at Starbucks this weekend, and I got kind of irritated...mostly because of the barista's reaction. First of all, one time in college I cried because my drink didn't taste very good (bitter or off or something) and was upset that I had wasted $4.

Anyways, I get it that they are supposed to only take three minutes per customer and that they have to wake up early when they have a morning shift (she apologized and said she was tired) and that sometimes training new people sucks (excuse #2, although it had the right marking on the cup)...but I do not think it is okay to ever say that to a customer. And isn't it their policy to remake a drink anyways? Maybe I just have high expectations because usually when I walk in my favorite location, the cashier asks if I'm having my usual and rings it up. Oh well. At least I don't feel obligated to drive out of my way to go to my old favorite location now. Has anyone else had odd customer service? Am I overreacting?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I do not think you over reacted, you should get what you pay for and the flippant reply was in no way appropriate. For me, yesterday was such an exceptional day in receiving excellent customer service in every store I went to (3). So it can be done. The $4.00 contract was you get a caramel light, not her interpretation of light.

Kara said...

Rarely do I experience good customer service; kind of makes me want to live off the land and not depend on anyone for anything. I will say that after a particularly frustrating experience at the Starbucks in Cypress Towne Center I submitted a complaint on the website. They sent me a letter of apology complete with a coupon for a free drink of my choice.

Hailey said...

Wow! Sounds like service is something to appreciate rather than expect these days. :-/

Faith said...

WOW. That is unbelievable! You're definitely not overreacting. I think I would've gone with, "Are you fucking kidding me?" rather than "Ummmmm...," so you're already being nicer than I would.