Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What's for dinner?

Hello! Tyson, Brody, and I spent a fab weekend with his family. We drove up to College Station Friday afternoon to spend the evening with Heather and John (Tyson's sister and soon-to-be brother-in-law). They cooked us an amazing meal, which I am much more appreciative of now that I'm cooking more. On Saturday, all of Heather's bridesmaids drove back to Houston to get some dresses for her big day. Then we drove up to the ranch and picked wild mustang grapes for jelly. So many grapes. You have no idea.

In job search news, I've actually made the realization that I want to teach! Crazy, I know. It stemmed from an interview where the interviewer asked me which of my work experiences was my favorite. I realized student teaching was my favorite. So I've been applying to school districts in the area...and thinking I might have to end up subbing, but we'll see. So far, all I know is that I'm heading back into the teaching field...and I'm excited!

In other news, I was planning to take pictures of the apartment this week, but it's been so rainy and overcast so far! I checked the 10 day forecast and it's not looking any better. So we'll see if we get good light for pictures anytime soon.
 And here's what we have planned to eat this week (it's an easy week again)...

Monday: Baked potatoes and grilled zucchini
Tuesday: BLR's (Instead of a BLT, it's a bacon, lettuce, and ranch dressing sandwich. I made it up in college. Don't forget to just toast the bread. It's awesome and quick.), french fries, caesar salad
Wednesday: Chicken with raspberry sauce, glazed carrots, rice, salad
Thursday: Spaghetti (bow tie!), green beans, toaster bread (where you butter the bread before you toast it)
Friday: Burgers with bacon-wrapped asparagus & smashed potatoes

No comments: