Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lazy Sundays in the Country

Another week has blown by...seriously, last week went by insanely fast! We spent the weekend in College Station and the ranch. Tyson and I had date night [mexican food and Easy A--very funny] on Friday night, and then endured the football game on Saturday. Did not make for a happy Hann household that evening. We made it up to the ranch and are still here. Right now, Tyson and his dad are building a ginormous tool storage thing in the barn. There's lots of welding and hammering steel and loud noises going on. I walked over this morning to check it out, and somehow got roped into helping measure and check the squareness of the design. I'm pretty impressed that they know how to be so handy. Sidenote: I wish I had a camera to capture how dirty and disgusting Brody is right now. It is ridiculous!

Subbing is going pretty well--just learning a lot I think. I've done 7th grade at the same school in various classes the past few weeks and am getting to know some of the kids, which is infinitely better than just being a new person every day. I've had some challenging assignments and a few that I've really enjoyed. This experience has been really good for me, I think. I've never been too sure of my classroom management and teaching philosophies (usually when we had to write them for assignments in college I would google other teachers' for ideas...I know. Lame.), and I've quickly learned how I want my classroom to run.

Menu Planning Monday (maybe...don't know our plans for next weekend yet!)
monday :: baked potato night
tuesday :: leftovers
wednesday :: pizza at small group this week
thursday :: spaghetti with meat sauce, salad + homemade french bread
friday :: crock pot barbacoa for tacos with fixings
saturday :: spicy orange beef with rice

No comments: