Monday, October 11, 2010

Obsessed with BrainQuest

Brody sticking his tongue out at me.
Greetings! This weekend has been most needed after last week. Tyson, Brody, and I came to Cypress to visit my parents. My mom and I went to Good Shepherd's annual Gift Market (formerly craft show), followed by lunch at Panera (of course), and taking dresses to our favorite alterations guy back in Bear Creek. We also ate some of my mom's yummy chili, and Dad grilled steaks Saturday night. Very nice and relaxing. Unfortunately, I've spent the past few days thinking that it was a three day weekend, but apparently Cy-Fair and Katy are the only districts with a student holiday tomorrow. I guess that's what I get for bragging about my long weekend to Tyson.

I also spent a good bit of yesterday afternoon with Mom looking for my old Brain Quest cards. If you don't know what that is, Brain Quest is a deck of cards with interesting facts/educational questions that I randomly remembered from my childhood on Saturday afternoon. I decided they would be perfect for a substitute and needed to find them stat. Unfortunately, we've moved since the last time I've seen them and after searching the attic and lots of boxes in the garage, I came up empty. I did find some great items for my future classroom, just not what I was originally looking for. The company relaunched the series, so I may just buy a deck or two on Amazon (they're only $9 each). The good news is that we were able to get rid of junk in the process and a LOT of stuff is being thrown out or given away. I should have taken a picture of the pile!

Menu Planning Monday
monday :: baked potato night
tuesday :: chicken tortilla soup
wednesday :: steak + sauteed zucchini with salad
thursday :: mexican chicken casserole
friday :: something quick on the way to college station!

No comments: