Saturday, June 18, 2011

MIA


I have been MIA on the blog lately...we are moving next weekend, and this week I am dog/house sitting in Cypress. Consequently, I had a lot on my plate trying to get my to do list checked off. An afternoon on the phone with AT&T, last minute visits with a friend before she moves away, work outs every day, and plenty of packing and organizing have dominated my last week. I definitely needed to get more packing done, but I ran out of boxes. We're only moving 2 miles down the road though, so I'm thinking I'll just go back and forth with several trips.

I've been trying to buy as little food as possible and use up what we have on hand so there's (slightly) less to move. We had baked potatoes, spaghetti and salad (Seriously, I am perplexed by how much pasta is in our pantry--how does it accumulate?!), pork tenderloin with an impromptu raspberry glaze, and leftovers. Tyson made some killer burgers last weekend and got to enjoy a few more for lunch this week. Lucky.

If you have any tips for moving efficiently, I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Well, I moved quite recently so I have some tips for ya :). First, do not let the short distance you are moving deter you from packing the way you typically would. It gets real old real quick having to move unpacked things back and forth. I did that with some of my stuff and later wished I had packed everything. Especially since I had people helping me move. It made it more difficult for them to move stuff because it wasn't all packed. It also made it harder to unpack because I had bags and hampers with random stuff thrown in it rather than organized boxes to unpack.

Another tip. Go to the liquor store for free boxes! They will hook you up! They are kind of small but very sturdy. Good for books and the like. They gave me as many as I needed and told me I could come back for more.

Hope that helps :)

P.S. I miss you faithgirl!

Hailey said...

Wow thank you so much! Yeah after thinking about how much left I have to move after running out of boxes, I think it would be way too overwhelming trying to pack it all in randomly. Awesome call on the free boxes--I am excited now!

I miss you infinitely more faithgirl!