Friday, April 13, 2012

Food.

It's been a long week. I'm not sure why, as today was a half day, but it was pretty brutal nonetheless. Tyson and I joined my parents in visiting my grandparents for Easter weekend.


Iris had a wonderful time too. 

Since Monday, we have been participating in a self-induced 20 day cooking challenge. We are entirely way too impulsive with our eating out, so it's been great getting into the habit of actually cooking. Here's what we've made this week:

Monday :: beef enchiladas (recipe from my college roommate's mom)
Tuesday :: roasted chicken, green beans, and red potatoes 
Wednesday :: Stuffed zucchini and quinoa
Thursday :: apricot chicken, rice, and roasted asparagus
Friday :: ginger and cilantro baked tilapia, rice, and asparagus
Saturday :: Four cheese white pizza
Sunday :: burgers with homemade wheat buns

So far, so good...Tyson has an appointment to get his blood taken tomorrow, which is definitely a fear of his. We shall see how that goes! I am currently enjoying The Sound of Music whilst my husband snores on the couch... "please, Captain, love them more!" Oh, how I love this movie! I adore low-key weekends at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lady iris is adorable!

Hailey said...

You will have to meet her! She loves making new friends. Or at least tolerates it. I feel like such a terrible friend; I have hardly seen you in 2012 :o( That must be remedied sooooon!