Monday, July 1, 2013

Food ponderings.


One of my absolute favorite parts of summer is that I can spend as much time as I would like making my lunch. Or eating my lunch. Or driving elsewhere to dine. If I were to make a list of things I dislike about teaching, the short lunches fall somewhere between one and three. I could rhapsodize about this further, but I have a feeling that it doesn't make for good reading.

That being said, I tend to take advantage of the oven to make lunch in the summer. I really feel like my quality of life would improve during the school year if there was a toaster oven in the teachers' lounge. But then everyone would want to toast things, the line would be insane, and I still probably would be stuck reheating leftovers or a Lean Cuisine.

Anyways, I have been making pizzas for my noonday meal. My first round consisted of Trader Joe's naan bread as the vessel, and now I have moved on to tortillas (because I ate all the naan bread. boo.). I made a big batch of this pizza sauce back in February (in small portions) that I've been using and loving with fresh mozzarella and Italian seasoning.

I also used the pizza idea to use up pulled pork leftovers with BBQ sauce. What else can you do with pork (we have a LOT)? I am contemplating enchiladas...I think I read about using up Thanksgiving turkey that way last year. Maybe a stew? I will continue to ponder...

No comments: