Monday, June 15, 2009

My carbon footprint is the same as my age.

I love lunch time. Seriously, it's so fun. Usually everyone at work leaves to go home or out so Janie and I get to sit in quiet. Also, the food is awesome. I love sandwiches, whether they are toasted and cheesy in the form of a panini or a crisp sub from Subway. I can't believe panini isn't in Firefox's spellchecker. That is insane to me.

I got a new cookbook and it is pretty sweet. It's from the tv show "Cook Yourself Thin" and is based on the premise that you should eat a specific number of calories per day (your target weight x10). But all of the recipes are super filling and full of flavor, so it's fun. The only bad part is that I love juices and such and I never realized how many empty calories they had in them! It's pretty sad. Speaking of delicious juices, I must share that my favorite right now is an old concoction I had forgotten about: it's half raspberry tea, half pink lemonade. So great!

So apparently my carbon footprint is 22, and the average American's is 27. The world average per person is 5.5!! How crazy is that? I thought I was doing pretty well, but apparently not. But I won't give up meat just to reduce my footprint by 3.2.

We picked the location of our reception! I'm pretty excited. We only visited 2 places, but I really like what we chose. Hopefully it's a place everyone will enjoy and have a great time! :o)

No comments: