Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bring on the Fall!

I am really looking forward for some cooler weather. Cardigans, cute boots, scarves...I'm getting more excited just thinking about it. Now that I'm cooking more, I'm also really looking forward to the cold weather-type meals. Soup and chili just aren't as good in summer months. And who wants to eat a meatloaf when it's hot outside? I'm making red beans and rice tonight though--Tyson suggested it because he knew I've been craving it. I think we might have to crank the AC down though to enjoy it. Not really. But I would like to.

How do you mix it up with leftovers? Last week we had quite a few--chicken, steak, and pork chops--that I needed to dress up so it didn't feel like a warmed up piece of meat with random sides. I ended up shredding the chicken and made a homemade barbecue sauce for sandwiches, this fun pasta and summer veggies with the pork and a little sauce, and then we made steak paninis. We actually had so much steak that we had a "panini-off" and Tyson made a cheese steak version on Tuesday and then I found a recipe that we tried Saturday night. I won. :) I used this recipe and made it with shredded mozzarella cheese, and then Sunday after church Tyson wanted it again so we split one with a slice of provolone. We definitely love our panini press!

Random side note: I love it when dogs bark on tv and Brody freaks out. It happens at least once a day. He really loses it when cows moo. That doesn't happen a lot, though.

No comments: