Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday is for Menu Planning!

Some of the blogs I like to read share their menu plans for the week on Mondays. Menu planning has helped me stay in budget so far, so I'm going to try my best to share my plans/recipes on my blog at the beginning of the week. :)

I had a really hard time deciding what to make this week, probably because Tyson said I had my best week of cooking last week, and I wanted to continue my streak! Oh well. Here's what I ended up going with:

Monday: baked potatoes, black beans, leftover taco meat to top Tyson's
Tuesday: chicken spaghetti, salad
Wednesday: BLR's, sautéed zucchini
Thursday: parmesan garlic chicken, steamed broccoli
Friday: moo-shu style pork wraps + rice
This weekend was so relaxing! We spent time with both of our families and enjoyed some delicious cooking all weekend long. :) Brody and I drove to Cypress on Friday afternoon and Tyson came over after work. We had some yummy tortilla soup and watched a movie. Then on Saturday we drove over to the ranch after a quick stop in College Station for a haircut at Tyson's favorite barber shop and lunch on Northgate--Freebird's for me and Antonio's Pizza for Tyson. We pretty much just relaxed all day at the ranch...Brody was the only one who tolerated the heat to play. But he was also in the lake. :)

We got to see Heather and John's new place in College Station (which is super cute!) before heading back to Cypress--we have to stop at my parents' after we visit the ranch so Brody can get a bath because we can't at our apartment. Tyson watched the end of the golf tournament while I finished a book I've been reading, The King's Daughter by Sandra Worth. It was really good...I haven't read a historical novel just for fun before, and I really liked it. It's about Elizabeth of York, the first Tudor queen and mother of Henry VIII. Afterwords I wanted to research my genealogy to see if I had any crazy relatives, but apparently it takes a lot of effort and can't be done in an afternoon. I was kind of sad I didn't have any English in my background. I found Tyson's family's crest (on his paternal grandmother's side) and motto though, which was pretty neat.

That's enough rambling for now. Time to get caught up on cleaning and errands!

No comments: