Monday, August 30, 2010

September is (almost) here!

I can feel the fall in the air! Especially last Friday...did you go outside? The humidity must have dropped to 50% or something; it was amazing! Oh Houston weather.

So this weekend Tyson, Brody, and I were in Cypress to celebrate my birthday. I think Tyson was a little surprised how big we celebrate birthdays, because in my family, you have a birthday week. Friday night we went to Carino's (might or might not have been craving that delicious roasted garlic stuff with bread) and came home to eat Sprinkles cupcakes (!) and open presents. I received two cardigans from J.Crew, a few gift cards, a Vera Bradley tote bag, and a dutch oven! My family was very sweet to me. :) Saturday consisted of eye doctor appointments and a trip to Barnes and Noble to spend my gift card. I didn't find the book I wanted, but Tyson got this book, Rich Dad Poor Dad, and has been driving me crazy telling me what are and are not considered assets. He is really liking it so far though. And I guess I am benefiting by getting the cliff notes.
I feel like dinner this week is going to be pretty lame (pretty much chicken and pasta it seems!), but Tyson is excited so I guess that's what matters. All I care about is how easy it's going to be...which it is this week!

Monday: Baked Potato Night! Tyson will get leftover delicious Central Market steak as his protein (he is obsessed with his protein intake for marathon training)
Tuesday: Crispy Deviled Chicken + pasta with marinara sauce (Again. Tyson loved it last week and I forgot to use the fresh thyme I bought for the recipe so he requested it again this week. Oh well. It was pretty tasty!)
Wednesday: Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage (but I might use penne because I already have that.)
Thursday: Firecracker Chicken Stir-Fry
Friday: out of town

Have a great week!

No comments: