Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summatime.

Celebrating the last day of school.

Time for:
  • pandora "Summer hits of the 2000s" station
  • grilling on the weekends
  • lemonade...of all varieties! 
  • short(er) to do lists
  • makeup routines of mascara, bronzer, and lip gloss only
  • lazy hours by the pool with a book (savoring when it's just us, like today!)
  • a super clean and organized home
  • plenty of walks and lounge time with Brody
  • scrapbooking!!!
We have partaken in my favorite type of summer Saturday: coffee, morning workout, shopping in a local used bookstore, lunch at home, a few hours laying out and hanging out in the pool (re-reading Chelsea Chelsea, Bang Bang and laughing out loud most of the time), and we're about to grill burgers and corn shortly with friends. I had my end of the year (hot pink) pedicure, so I am totally ready to savor the freedom of summer!

Of course, I also have a ginormous stack of papers to sort through and put in binders for next year...I want to be super organized for next year! I'm already planning for the first week of school. :o)

Public Service Announcement: If you have yet to read Divergent...get thee to a library or book store immediately!!! Hunger Games definitely has a rival in this amazing series. Love it. I already purchased one copy to pass around to friends this summer. Will most likely get another to re-read soon. It's that good.

No comments: