Saturday, September 18, 2010

Updates

This week has gone by quickly for me! It was a pretty good one though. Here are a few of the highlights:

:: The guest bedroom is finally coming together! It's been our dumping ground for anything we didn't really need, so it was pretty depressing. The bed is put together now, and only needs a few decorative pillows (which isn't in the budget, so who knows when that will happen!). All of the empty boxes are gone, and I just need to go through a few more boxes and reorganize our bookshelf. Hooray!

:: I won a contest on twitter! I've never won anything, so I was pretty excited. Bravo was having a sweepstakes for the Top Chef season 7 finale and Top Chef Just Desserts premiere and I will soon be getting all three of the Top Chef cookbooks!! YAY!!!! Tyson gave me the newest book on my birthday and I absolutely love looking through it. Mom liked it a lot too, so she is getting my duplicate. She's excited too!

:: We had our first week of small group on Wednesday and really like it so far! Everyone seems really nice, and it's great to meet other recently married couples.

:: I'm finally approved to sub in Fort Bend ISD! I had an interesting time figuring out the system Thursday night so I didn't get a job for Friday, but I'm definitely thinking next week will be busier. I also have my Katy sub training next Friday, and I'm really excited to start subbing around here. :o)

I think that's about it...we're at home listening to the A&M football game online and it's torture! I am looking forward to televised games. Happy weekend!

No comments: