Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friday.

Oh praise Jesus, I made it through my first week! I guess I shouldn't say "made it through," because it actually went pretty well (I think...)! I realized Monday morning at about 7:37am that if I messed up, unlike subbing, if I was too mean or too nice for the day, I wouldn't just go into a new class the next day and start over. So I was really feeling the pressure.

My classes are two periods long, so I have three groups of students total. My first group of kids have a lot of personality, my second group is smaller and super quiet, and my third group loves to get off-task and act rambunctious. And my advisory is awesome--but I don't tell them that, because they actually work on homework and are quiet, and if they knew I liked it, they would probably change their ways.

I forgot my camera this week, but I thought I would document what my classroom looked like at the end of the week. I apologize for the iPhone graininess.


View from my desk.

I make sure the kids pick up after themselves, but my desk is a mess. I was in the middle of grading. Everything was clean again when I left for the weekend. :o)
I finally threw some pictures up on my homemade board. I would like to add some instagram pictures or something; it's a little sparse for my taste.

Super blurry. Still love it though.

I've got a to do list to tackle, full of trainings, grading, and a few more things to craft. Then I've got some cleaning and laundry. Hopefully a nap as well?

Brody's weekend to do list is a little less full.

3 comments:

valerie said...

i have an idea to add to the bulletin board... a pic of me :) haha love you!!!

Hailey said...

You are on it ma'am! It's on the blurry owl one next to my desk...from the rodeo when the "H" was hugging you and you were scared and Tyson and I were laughing.

Unknown said...

hahahaha :) that H was frightening me!!!!!