Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Peek in my Classroom...

I got to school a little early this morning and was able to take a few pictures...of course, I also worked in my room throughout the day and it looks a little different now. So I'll probably be taking a few more pictures next week...we shall see!

My door as you walk in. I wrote on Mr. Owl in dry erase marker so I can write messages as needed. :o)

View from the door. The front is kind of boring; I'll need to add student work or a few more posters soon!

For students to collect absent work. This is on the wall on the left as you enter. I still need to add class periods on the folders, but I don't want to cover my owls!

Calendar...next to the absent work section. A desk will probably be moved underneath for handouts...I have 33 desks and 29 students in my largest class so far. :o)

Class expectations. I made this in Photoshop and printed it. I kind of love the owls (freebie I found online!).

To the right of the door when you walk in. I have my podium in the back with tardy/advisory sign-out sheets and hopefully miscellaneous student supplies eventually. Once we write our social contracts, I will post them on posters on the chalkboard. I cannot stand the sound or texture of chalk so I covered my board up as soon as I got in my room!

Class library...I need to go through some more boxes of books in the garage to add to it. The bookshelf was a score from Walmart for $12.50! I made the pillows in college and am finally pulling them from obscurity in the attic. The chair was also from college, but I can't remember when I actually used it...

View from my desk. I had major issues with my SMARTBoard today and have cords everywhere now...but this morning it looked nice and neat. :o)

Board for assignments. Homework goes on the outside for the week, and date, objective, and agenda go in the middle for my different classes. I totally dig the symmetry.

Front of the room...the crates will probably hold graded work to be handed back and upcoming assignments (which would be moved to somewhere closer to my desk if that was the case!). Still need to figure that out.

My desk area. I need to print pictures this weekend to add to my boards!

That's all I've got for now! I finally unpacked my class sets of books today, and have started to organize my cabinet and figure out an organization system for all of my files. Thanks for checking out my room!

2 comments:

Heather Ray said...

LOVE IT! I have tons of ideas for your present(s) now...

Jaque said...

Hi! Love your classroom! I was a teacher and nowadays I still work at a school. I'd love to change informations about the school here in Brazil and know about your reality to learn more about education in general.
What do you think abou this?
Jaque
jjbampi@terra.com.br