Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm still here + Best Sweet and Sour Chicken EVER

Where has the summer gone? Life has been moving in fast forward lately...but I kind of like it! I found out last week that I will be teaching this year, and I could not be more excited. :o) Not having to wake up at 5am to find out where I will be for the day and wondering if I will have work for the day will definitely not be missed. I spent last week reading The Essential 55 (great read--plus I got it secondhand for $3) and making mental lists of what I want to do this year whilst dog sitting and relaxing. I've spent the past three days in my classroom getting things ready, and I have new teacher training tomorrow and Friday, followed by my official new hire meeting and then inservice next week, followed by the first day of school the next Monday! Yowsa.


I did not do a very good job menu planning for the week, as we were counting on leftovers from the weekend (which were forgotten...story of my life). I had been planning to make Mel's Sweet and Sour Chicken last Tuesday, but that was the day I found out I had a job so Tyson insisted we go out to celebrate. So I've had the sauce (which I doubled to serve separately) in the fridge for the past week awaiting the awesomeness. This was so very tasty and easy, and Tyson announced that he was taking the leftovers for work tomorrow while he was still eating. Always a good sign. I will say that I was definitely happy I lined the pan with foil, as it was very messy. I think next time I make it (and there will be a next time), I will add steamed broccoli and mix in with the extra sauce.

That's all I've got for now...I will hopefully be sharing pictures of my classroom in the next few days. :o)

Brody missed his presence on the blog.

1 comment:

Heather Ray said...

YAY! You're back. Can't wait for the classroom photos.