Monday, August 15, 2011

A little craftiness...

What a whirlwind the past few days have been! I've been busy reading the 7th grade summer reading novels (Tangerine, Esperanza Rising, and The Last Book in the Universe--all really great reads), getting my classroom ready, and trying to soak up the last bit of summer. I haven't taken my camera up to school yet, but I will share that my theme is super cute owls and my colors are aqua and a little purple. :o)

I've had to buy some items for my classroom, but I've tried to be as thrifty as possible and craft a bit too. It's been fun, and hopefully my kids will notice (and maybe even like?) that I put my own little touches here and there.
Months for my calendar! I got my trusty Cricut and scrapbook papers I've been stockpiling and got to town. I even had a free coupon for 5' of laminating at a teacher supply store, so I saved my school a little green as well.
I was planning on adding on some buttons, but now I'm kind of liking how it looks as is. Something to ponder.

These were formerly Crystal Light containers, but I am reusing them to pull popsicle sticks with my students' names on them during discussions and readings. It's funny how I hated it when a professor did that in college...and now I'm doing it.


Menu Planning Monday
monday :: baked potato night + leftover steak
tuesday :: chicken pierre
wednesday :: tostadas
thursday :: red beans and rice
friday :: slow cooker brisket

In other news, I am totally enthralled with Bachelor Pad. So much deception and craziness!

No comments: