Monday, August 29, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

Hola! Life is pretty sweet right now. I had an awesome Monday, it's my birthday week, and I'm looking forward to Pappasito's and some Aggie football in just a few days! Whoopity whoop!

Menu Planning Monday
sunday :: mexican pizza (verdict: seriously easy and yum. I exchanged the seasoning packet for spices below.)
monday :: baked potato night and leftover pulled pork
tuesday :: shrimp and salad
wednesday :: leftovers before small group
thursday :: out for my birthday :o)
friday :: slow cooker brisket (I never made it last time I posted!)

Taco Seasoning Substitute
I use the following spices in lieu of a packet for about a pound of meat.
2 T. chili powder
1 t. cumin
1 t. coriander
1/2 t. oregano
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
salt, to taste

I have been totally craving macaroni and cheese lately...maybe I'll look for a "grown-up" version to make soon. Happy almost September!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, i have a KILLER lobster mac n cheese recipe. for real.

Hailey said...

LOBSTER?! that does not sound like it will fit in the teacher budget. but it does sound seriously good.