Tuesday, July 17, 2012

All over the place

Is it odd when something mundane re-shifts your life perspective?

I was cooking dinner last night, making a corn chowder. One of the last steps was adding milk before a  simmer. In the realm of cooking, what is better than a nicely-simmered soup? Anyways. I grabbed the milk and did a double take of sadness when I realized that the milk was sour. Tyson offered to run to the store, but it was too late to attempt that. I substituted the milk for chicken broth and hoped for the best (while we discussed Plans B and C leftover options!).

After 15 minutes of simmering, we tried it...and it was really, really good! We probably liked it even more than we would have with the milk. Tyson said it seemed more healthy too.

It made me think about how often I plan (or try to plan) things out, but it's when I give in and let things happen that the best things in life happen. God is good. And way bigger than my perceived problems or  logistics or anything of this world.

Totally random...but just a few honest thoughts going on in my head right now!


And because I can't stand multiple picture-less posts...

An oldie picture of sweet Brody Bear.

No comments: