Thursday, July 5, 2012

Currently Reading


Divergent series, Veronica Roth | Um, yes please. Yet another dystopian fiction, but done very, very well. The second book was just as good (if not better) as the first because it had even more action. Love. The last book in the trilogy comes out October 2013 (entirely too long.).

Blood Red Road (Dust Lands series), Moira Young | We read this for a summer book club--another dystopian fiction. The characters were sketched vividly, but there was still a ton of mystery about why the world is the way it is. Very interesting and full of action. I read that it's been optioned for a movie, so read it now! The next book comes out this October.

Mark of the Lion series, Francine Rivers | Honestly, I can't believe I hadn't read these sooner. I've only read the first two, but, wow, are they fabulous! I became obsessed. It's historical fiction circa 62 A.D. in Rome. I love the characters. I love the description of the surroundings of the time. There were so many similarities between their culture and what I see around me today. Just very interesting. And she's the same author of Redeeming Love so you know it's good!

Between the Lines, Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer | This is our book club's next read, and I just finished it last night. It's a really cute book about characters' thoughts and actions when the story ends. There is the fairy tale point of view, the prince's, and a fifteen year old girl reading the story. Super duper cute. Putting this one on my class library bookshelf for sure.

Any must-reads while I still have some free time?

No comments: