Monday, July 16, 2012

Menu Planning Monday

I am still recovering from my weekend...Tyson and I ventured to College Station for some family time. I love hanging out with my sister-in-law because it's always low-key yet fun. And there is always delicious food involved. She is an exceptional cook. :o)

I am feeling super food-lazy this week. I was so impressed with my $22 grocery bill last week (in my attempt to clean out the freezer/pantry), and I am resigned to the fact that I will not be able to duplicate it again. Here's what I have tentatively lined up:

Monday :: chowder that I didn't make last week (substituted ingredients and it was delish!)
Tuesday :: sticky finger salad (really, really easy and tasty)
Wednesday :: meatloaf (always a favorite--I have used this recipe for years)
Thursday :: Santa fe chicken packets (did not make; Tyson had a work thing and I ate a frozen meal)
Friday + Saturday :: leftovers whilst I dog sit for my parents (aka: take pictures of And cuddle with Iris all day)

With the exception of meatloaf, the other three recipes are all ideas that I've linked here before but never made for some reason. Kind of funny.

Today I am heading up to school to work on a presentation and begin to get my room in order. Is it crazy that I feel like summer is kind of over? Next week and the week after will consist of cheer camps, followed by a few days of training, followed (probably) by frantic packing and cleaning, and then a week of professional development before school starts. How am I supposed to fit in Olympic watching?! I mean, seriously.

No comments: